Saturday, April 9, 2011

Letting Go

Picture: http://www.lifepositive.com/Lifemag/full_story.asp?si=2399


I was listening to Alanis Morissette's song from her album, Flavors of Entanglement, Orchid... I took a breath... and let go... I let go of every feeling I had... I let go of every stress in my body ... and floated on a cloud... I needed to let go for an instant while I was listening to this song...  I put the iPod speakers on loud and drained the other voices around me... just for 4 minutes, I wanted to be alone in my thoughts and let go...




It was a very long week... two weeks actually... I have been planning a baby shower for a friend of ours... I have never organized one before and was unsure of how to do it.... but I thought of my friend and how she does not have family around her to throw her one... so I decided to ask her on Facebook... she said that she was tickled at the thought of me throwing her a Baby shower... so that was that... I felt I needed to make a nice one for her so I hit the Internet and searched for games, decorations and cakes... 

Today was the day and I have to say that the room looked lovely... believe it or not, I did not even take a picture of it myself... after all, it was not my party... it was hers.... I made a mess of a cake though... oh man! I tried making two booties... so while I was cutting the cakes into shapes to make the booties... I messed up one and had to bake another batch.... the next time I thought that I would leave one cake as is and cut one of them... so I would place one booties on top of a square cake... 

Please do not ask me about the cake decoration... even though my room decoration was good, the cake decoration was a disaster.... the first thing my husband said when he looked at it was, "What is it? A toilet?" oh NO... I looked at it again and even with a bow in the middle it looked like a toilet... so I thought that I will explain to my friend that it is a toilet and when she cuts the cake it would symbolize an end of going to the toilet every 20 minutes...

Anyway... it was a great Baby shower followed by a tasty barbecue, thanks to my hubby and the kids had loads of fun swimming in the pool, running around and just making a mess of themselves by drawing on their bodies with coal. 

So listening to that song just helped me let go for 4 and some minutes.... I just needed to take a breath... just let go!


2 comments:

Birdie said...

I want to see a picture now!

Tabouleh said...

LOL.... cracking up.... so funny!
So Sorry... I have not one single picture in my possession...