Saturday, April 16, 2011

Grief

Picture: http://anamericandemon.blogspot.com/2010_06_01_archive.html

I am so saddened by the news today.... I feel empty all of a sudden... aching... every little cell in my body grieves. I felt like this many times before and whenever I heard of violence, death and destruction... This time it is over the death of a wonderful giving man, Vittorio Arrigon. on the hands of ignorant people who never once thought about his life, his family, his cause. Never once thought that killing one life to save another...  Is like killing millions of lives.

I feel for every person his soul touched... I feel for his family and friends... my heart aches for all of them. My heart aches for the Gazan people... Some people might hate me for this... might disagree... I understand that it happened in Gaza, but please remember that generalizations are dangerous at such sensitive times. The ordinary people of Gaza, are mourning and feeling the loss as well, for they understand what it feels like to lose a loved one... as all the other people in that area who have lost loved ones. And their source of solace and joy,  ease of suffering and humanity came from this generous gentle soul.

What happened was the result of sheer hate, ignorance and selfishness which is quite widespread in that region, and something must be done about this.... Any side, country, front or faction should stop... stop and think what this madness is bringing.... many coffins from both sides... 

I loathe violence in any form or matter from any faction/front/country. I fear it... it pains me! I believe in Human Rights, love, forgiveness and understanding.

3 comments:

nazelet said...

Tabouleh, you have written a heartwrenching testimonial, not only to Vittorio Arrigon, but to all the peace-activists in ourr region. On April 4th Juliano Mer-Khamis, an Israeli actor, director and peace activist was gunned down in a Jenin refuge camp. If you google his name you can read about the work he was doing. Ordinary, everyday people who just want to raise their children and sit outside in the evening are the true victims. Palestinians, Israelis - you're right, too many coffins. We all are losing so much. Precious time, precious lives.

Birdie said...

Noticing you have no been posting for a while. Hope you are OK.

Tabouleh said...

OH Paula... of course I know him... it is a tragedy... he is half Palestinian and half Israeli... and he will be greatly missed by both equally...

The children are the ones who will feel the loss the most and to think that his child was with him and his poor wife is pregnant with twins...

I cannot stand what is going on anymore... it is enough what both sides are doing to each other... children are being shot on their way to school by soldiers... and buses being attacked by missiles from militants... it is enough...

I watched this link on Youtube and my heart bled. here is the link... people all around the world are feeling the loss... to think that they are masked gunmen who did it... they could be anyone... and to think how cowardly their act was... and why? why such a wonderful giving peaceful soul? There are so many horrible people out there... why not them?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gYcuWbdYlo&playnext=1&list=PL196B6C0CDB6119C1