Thursday, June 9, 2011

Grateful to Have Fun with my Kids


After such a drilling 4 days at school with so much work to do and events to organize, I needed something to get my mind off of work and letting go of the load that has been piling on my shoulders. I decided to decorate plastic jars with my kids and just have a blast doing it.

The kids had so much fun cutting, pasting, gluing and choosing their decorations. My two year old impressed me when she used her plastic scissors to cut golden sticky strips to place on her jars. My son impressed me by how much thought he put into decorating the jars. He told me of every step he was going to take and why he decided to do whatever he wanted to do.


I was grateful for such an opportunity just to release... to let go of the stress and have a little bit of fun. I did not need to struggle with the kids... did not need to direct them too much on how to do something ....did not need to intervene... I just simply had fun with them....

I always have fun making things and baking cookies or cakes with them... but sometimes due to work, I tend to forget that such a moment is a treat for them as well as for me. 

Note to self: I really need to do this more often.... not just for the kids... but for myself!

6 comments:

Birdie said...

I see Christmas presents! Make more and fill them with Candy!

And hot-diggity-dog your kids are CUTE! I mean how can two bodies contain such cuteness? And how do you as their mom not just want to squeeze them so hard?

Tabouleh said...

LOL...Oh Barbara... squeeze them all the time... sometimes I even smell them... thank you so much for your warm warm comments.... smile smile smile :)
As for the jars...We have already decided to give them to their grandparents when they visit them this summer in Jordan... but filling them with candy sounds awesome... bitter chocolates for my father and will check with mom what she likes... maybe cardamom seeds... love the idea of making those and giving them as gifts so you are spot on... was thinking of having the kids make some for my kid's birthday party activities... and taking them as party favors...what do you think?

Birdie said...

I think that is a great idea! Do that for sure!

Isa said...

Yeah! It's a greteful post!

Kiss

Sazan M. Mandalawi said...

Lana, you make me want to have kids just so I can decorate jars with them :)
So glad you enjoyed the time, wish all mothers were like you and would dedicate time to their kids! you're children are simply: SO CUTE!!

Tabouleh said...

Thank you Sazan... wonderful of you to say that... warms my heart and makes me feel good as a mother. You will be a great mother yourself...