Wednesday, June 15, 2011

My Challenge!


I have decided to follow Nice's and my husband’s advise and lay low for a while… stop blogging and checking the Internet every few hours… and even though I love blogging, interacting with friends and researching, I decided that I needed some time off to stop my obsession with it all. I feel that sometimes the Internet is a strong force that sucks me in and finds it hard to release me…
Hmmm… what I wrote above makes no sense at all does it? I mean how can an object, the Internet, be to blame for my actions? Ok… time to acknowledge the fact that I am the soul person who is driving my ship… it is I… I am the one who is holding on to the Internet as a way of escaping my every day life… as a venue to release…
But it is becoming an obsession… I LOVE IT… and the only thing that keeps me away is when I am on vacation on a far away island where it is hard to leave the kids just to walk around to find an Internet café.
I need to force myself to stop being so obsessed with it… obsessed with numbers, friends, emails, comments, information…
And therefore
I have decided to give my readers a break… give myself a break…
I will take it one step at a time…baby steps… I promise to catch up on your posts as soon as I come back… What am I worried about! It will only be for one day… LOL…. Maybe one day a week… and then maybe I would allocate a certain hour of the day to check everything, add my input… that is it!
I will let you know whether or not I struggled with this challenge… you might laugh… and it is quite funny… but it is a challenge to me considering my obsession.

8 comments:

Birdie said...

So, if I comment are you going to read this. If you don't know the term, let me introduce you to a Catch 22!

a logical paradox arising from a situation in which an individual needs something that can only be acquired by not being in that very situation; therefore, the acquisition of this thing becomes logically impossible. Catch-22s are often spoken with regard to rules, regulations, procedures, or situations in which one has knowledge of being or becoming a victim but has no control over it occurring.

So there is that... lol

Enjoy your break. xxoo

Tabouleh said...

LOL... so funny... burst out laughing when I read your comment... thank you... don't worry, the day i chose is tomorrow... to allow my loyal readers to comment first... teehee!

Jan said...

Lol. Yes so funny!

I have had a break over the weekend. It was great! I also find myself taking "natural" breaks more often than I used to. I just get exhausted with it all and cannot read or write another word!

Julia Cameron, author of The Artist's Way, sets this as a task for one of the weeks in her book. Also no reading of any kind - no printed word at all. I skipped that week. ;) It just seemed too much. Maybe it's time.

Jan said...

Oh, yes... have a good break. Enjoy.

Anonymous said...

The net can be addicting and we all need to limit our time on it. Believe me, I know!!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh...you are so funny ! I completely understand. You love to relate to others and love the stimulation...thoughts..I have decided that I am co-dependent with the internet because of information and FRIENDS! It very well could be like..everyone is a reporter on facebook..blogging...you see something, you must talk about it..expressing your opinion..so often we have ideas..we forget...but then are reminded..and YOU HAVE TO SHARE! lol..this world now!

Tabouleh said...

Hi All,
I am back... and will write about what I felt soon... thanks for your comments... good to be back!

nazelet said...

Hi Lana, Just today I am finding myself catching up on my reading and see I have missed so much.
Taking a break is good. When I sit down and open my computer too many times during the day I wonder why I let myself get so sucked in. Breaks are good. Good you took one.