Thursday, June 23, 2011

Grateful To Have Parents


Having watched the film in my previous post yesterday (My Heart Aches For Them), it made me think of how lucky I am to have had such wonderful parents during my childhood years and to this very day. Despite not seeing “eye to eye” on some matters growing up, I had parents who supported, educated, raised, nourished, clothed and guided me. I have been very lucky to have been born to such parents as there are so many innocent children out there who do not have this fortune.

I am fortunate that my dearest loving parents are still alive (Ilhamdulillah and Mashallah) to this day and they continue to support and be there for me. I am grateful to have been blessed with such fantastic, involved and caring parents who are always there for me, still guide me and offer their shoulders and listening ears. I am grateful to them for providing my family and I with anything we needed, never once refusing or asking for anything in return. They are generous, kind, supportive, thoughtful and loving. I am blessed to have them in my life and will forever be grateful to them.

It is stories like this that make me think that I should never ever take my fortune for granted. I am blessed!

I am fortunate…I am grateful. Alhamdullillah!

2 comments:

Birdie said...

You are so blessed. Thanks for the picture.

Samia said...

Lana, we are blessed to have you, your brother & sister and our 4 grand children. Can't wait to have you all with us soon inshallah.