Wednesday, August 30, 2023

At the end of the day,

 


                                                                     My Fabric Painting of an Unfinished Dragonfly


I am a good girl.

    Every full moon, I take the time to reflect on my actions using a few questions such as; how well (or not) I handled something, or how loving (or not) I have been with my loved ones and strangers alike.... (and it goes without saying that it is all relative, of course! 😉).

    After years of this practice, I have come to realize one thing. As countless of people out there,  I am usually very hard on myself. But I want this year to be different because I am a little different! 

    I am very grateful for my small improvements and even more thankful for the big lessons that pushed me forward to make them. 

    And even though being hard on myself is no different this new moon than every other 27 to 29 days of the year, I have decided to be a little forgiving of myself. I am a good girl despite my flaws. I am a good girl regardless of my scars. In spite of everything, I am a good girl because I want to be a good person. 

    At the end of the day, all I need, to keep me in check, is answers to some questions; 

    Have I tried my best to be a good person? 

    Have my positives out shined my negatives? 

    Are there more people who love me today than those who hate me? 

    and, How do I intend to be better?

     

    And even though I have passed half-a-century, I am still learning, still healing, and still pushing. 

    Just like my painting up there, I am an unfinished Dragonfly!


    

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lana you are a great, loving, giving humane being. I love you.