Friday, March 23, 2012

Vulnerability

 I just had to share this inspiring video of a TED talk given by Dr. Brene Brown. I believe so many must watch it to understand that it is ok to be vulnerable. I should begin to accept the fact that I am vulnerable and that it actually enriches my life.

Many times I feel vulnerable voicing my opinion, feeling silly, fearing to appear stupid, less talented or knowledgeable than the other amazing teachers in my field. Or less creative, active or motherly than other mothers. Even with my husband... I hold back... fearing my feelings won't be reciprocated or maybe they were rejected. Brene's talk sure helped me see that I AM ENOUGH! I need to go easy on myself and just free myself from all the clutter that I drag behind me.

This video made those incidents or experiences feel less dramatic I guess. If I feel this way many times, I worry about the students who might feel this a few times in their lives or maybe even days.

I recommend everyone watch both her TED talks. One of the best quotes of one of her talks is, "Vulnerability is the birth place of creativity, innovation and change."

I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.



No comments: