Monday, August 1, 2011

Our Own Window


Picture: http://keenlotus.wordpress.com/2011/04/04/window-into-the-heart/

I thought this had a good message and was worth sharing. 
I received it via my personal email.

What a lesson we can learn from this one...

 

A young couple moves into a new neighborhood. 
The next morning while they are eating breakfast, 
The young woman sees her neighbor hanging the wash outside. 

"That laundry is not very clean", she said. 
"She doesn't know how to wash correctly. 
Perhaps she needs better laundry soap."
 
Her husband looked on, but remained silent. 

Every time her neighbor would hang her wash to dry, 
The young woman would make the same comments. 

About one month later, the woman was surprised to see a 
Nice clean wash on the line and said to her husband: 
"Look, she has learned how to wash correctly. 
I wonder who taught her this.." 

The husband said, "I got up early this morning and 
Cleaned our windows."
 
And so it is with life. What we see when watching others 
Depends on the purity of the window through which we look.

2 comments:

Sazan M. Mandalawi said...

I was reading and wondering where the story would go.... when I read the reply of the husband I really did pause and think. This is definately true. And you know, we really should starting looking at ourselves and criticize our selves first, before we talk about other people.
Beautiful, as always Lana!!!

Jan said...

Love this Lana - and the picture - both just beautiful.