Friday, January 6, 2012

Food Art


I wanted to share with you some of the Fruit/Vegetable Art the Thai chefs are known for.  At the colorful Christmas Gala dinner we had on Phi Phi Island in the South of Thailand, I took pictures of some of the food Art that the hotel displayed. 

If you look closely at the pieces, you would be able to see how delicate each flower/rose petal and how detailed each carving is. They give a few courses around Thailand of how to carve such designs but I doubt that I have the patience or the time to sit down at a table and make them. I believe it would take years of practice to make lovely designs and for the skill to come as natural to me as breathing air. Sill it would certainly make a beautiful center piece at a dinner table, don't you agree?

Can you guess the fruit or vegetable that went into making those lovely pieces of Art?










2 comments:

Birdie said...

I am not sure of what they are made of but I love the birds at the end. I like the personality each browned banana gives each of them.

Tabouleh said...

It has been some time since I last visited my blog and to find a message from you was delightful.
Do you know that i did not notice the bananas until you mentioned them... thanks for that!