Friday, July 2, 2021

Listening & Grateful to Just Be

 

After an enjoyable dinner with the family, I went to my bedroom just to have some time for myself, sit in bed and read. I hadn't begun to feel cozy and comfortable, when a better distraction captured my attention and took it to a much more satisfying activity; listening to a father interact with his kids. 

I wanted so much to join the fun and the laughter but I wanted to give them that time; build memories and hold them close to remember when things get challenging. 

I was content to be an outsider looking at a realistic fantasy (if there is such a book genre)... It was as if I were listening to an audio story unfolding...  I had a special look into a comedic magical world where imagination never ended. 

I loved that world since it first began in 2005. It began with our children in the womb. The main character in this story would talk to them and tell them weird jokes. The kind of jokes that only a few people understood but who were grateful that he shared them. 

I loved (and always will love) that biological chemistry that a parent has with their children. That feeling that is like no other. It is that of being in utter jubilation and also being utterly at peace.

So I understood what all three were experiencing together and wanted it to last for them.

At that point, I was so grateful to just be, in the outer circle spectating the whole magical encounter....

Half an hour later...

It is time for me to join in. 


No comments: