Monday, June 28, 2021

When She Wants to Be

 



    I am humbled by how wise kids can be; how perceptive and how mature in their thinking. 

    I was thoroughly impressed by and truly grateful for my son's guidance this afternoon. My husband and I were getting to the woodshed to organize it and then pile up a 'colossal' mountain of lumber to dry. We woke up our daughter and called our son to join in. After the excitement of moving the floating dock a few days ago had receded, we needed another adventure to spark us up and get us moving together.

    I loved the feeling of working together as a team, a family, and so, I was overly encouraging, overly excited. After trying to work Mina up for the task, I asked Jad to go back to her and do the same. After he hesitated to do so, I responded with, "But I want her to be a part of our family escapades." 

    The rebuttal he gave me, stopped me in my tracks. It helped re-guide me and align my thoughts. His carefully chosen words, reminded me of his father, warmed my heart and put a surprised smile on my face. 

"Don't worry! She will be a part of the family, when she wants to be!"


A very humbling moment. I was grateful for the life lesson. There is so much to learn and so much to let go of.  


1 comment:

Najat El-Khairy said...

Beautiful story Lana.
There is an Arabic proverb which says : Take the wisdom from your children’s mouths
Love ❤️ auntie Najat