Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Goals/Dreams/Aspirations


I am taking an online course on Life Coaching. A pretty interesting course which prepares me for dealing with others; helping them face their challenges and achieve set goals. As part of the course, I need to first deal with my challenges, goals and fears... easy peasy right? Not really... I have to face all that is stopping me from getting what I want before I can help anyone else. I do not wish to be a hypocrite and convince my "client", "student" or anyone, that this path, strategy or plan will work if they followed these steps, when I have not tried or followed them myself.

So....

I have been working through many issues, setting plans and steps to achieve goals....

The last lesson's assignment asked me to set up a board with pictures of anything that I would like to do in the future. I had so many on my mind. So many tasks that I wanted to dive in and explore. So many skills I wanted to learn such as photography, baking and decorating cakes and painting. There were so many activities that I constantly dream of doing such as traveling to as many countries as I can before I am transported to a different realm, teaching refugees and the less fortunate, becoming more active and take singing and dancing lessons. 

BUT there were way too many to add to my board that I had to focus on a few. I must achieve them first and then explore others. In no way will I forget all the others but for now, I will focus on the above shown goals and then go from there. I am a mother, wife, daughter and friend and therefore, at the end of the day, I have responsibilities to attend to as well.

I keep reminding myself that...

Life can take us places we have never dreamed of if only we allowed it to. Most of the time it is us who stop in our way. Our minds make up these obstacles painting them in different colors camouflaging them, shading our vision, fogging our clear path. 
 
I sometimes feel that I am in limbo mode not knowing exactly where I am headed.... 

So I continuously say to myself, in the efforts of convincing my mind that my plan is achievable, whitewashing the negative voices that overshadow my confidence...

"Just go with the flow. Accept what the Universe has in store for you. Trust that all will be well and that everything around you will conspire to make sure you achieve those goals. Just take a shot at it  and try your best to fulfill them. You are worth it."


4 comments:

Ofelia said...

Lana, I think that you wrote this post for me.
After experiencing many difficulties last year and so many more this year; this past week I felt like fear and the lack of financial resources are keeping me from going ahead with many of my wishes and plans. At times being the head of a household and having few resources can be overwhelm and distracting. Just like you said taking into consideration the fact that I'm a mom, a daughter, a friend and a bit of a dreamer; I must get my board and priorities straight while working hard on overcoming my daily hurdles.

Tabouleh said...

HI Ofelia, Thank you again for visiting... I believe that so many people go through this phase and many issues stop them on top of them all is fear. I guess all we need to do sometimes is be easy on ourselves... give ourselfs a break and pat ourselves on the back when we do something right or achieve a goal we set... this attitude would propel us forward and encourage us to tackle more difficult and challenging stuff... all we need is the motivation and will... no procrastination which is also brought on by fear... and breaking a habit of giving up or putting excuses not to start is one of those things that is hard but not impossible to do.
Good Luck sweet Ofelia in everything that you do... know you can... and go for it! you just need a plan of action... steps... maybe write you goal... the steps to achieve it... what might stop you and how you can face them... so that if ever these obstacles come up, you know the steps that you need to take to tackle them...

jan said...

Good to see that you are posting again and are doing well (if in limbo). Good too to keep those goals and dreams in focus, keep them manageable and take small steps that fit with your responsibilities to others. This way you ensure you have some kind of balance between your own needs and those of others. Glad to hear that you have a way to blot out the negative voices. As you say you learn to go with the flow but also remember where your dreamed of tracks are. Wishing you very well as always Lana. xx

Tabouleh said...

HI Jan... so good of you to visit... it has been some time yes... I tried looking for some of your posts on my reader to catch up with you but found that you had not posted... have you been away too? I will check your blog and not just my reader... Thank you for your wishes!